Butternut Squash Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage (Fresh Flavors Nov. '13)
- 1 lb TFM Torcetti Pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained. Set aside on a serving platter
- 2 tbsp TFM Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Slices Prosciutto, sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium Shallot, finely minced
- 2 tsp Fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Edna Valley Chardonnay
- 1 Jar Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste preference
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add prosciutto and cook until fat renders and all slices are crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and set on paper towels to drain. Add shallot and sage leaves to same pan. Cook until sage is crispy and shallot is translucent, about 4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to same plate as prosciutto.
Add wine and scrape up any browned bits from the pan using a wooden spoon. Carefully add the Dave’s Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce, stirring sauce until heated through. Pour over warm pasta and top with the prosciutto sage mixture. Garnish with parmesan cheese and season with fresh cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
The combine flavors or Dave's Butternut Squash pasta sauce with wine and all the other ingredients ( shallots, sage, and prosciutto) and last but not least parmesan cheese.... is FAB!!! Will make again!
-Pattyo, on 11/19/13
Now this IS a RECIPE!
This is actually cooking, not heating!
-Embee, on 11/7/13