Chicken Fajitas with Zesty Lime & Avocado Slaw (Fresh Flavors May '11)
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath Brine Concentrate
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup White Bordeaux
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and diced
- 1 package White Corn Tortillas
- sour cream, optional
In a glass bowl or plastic zip bag, combine Fajita Bath, wine and water. Add chicken and marinate for 30 minutes. Once meat has been marinated, heat a large skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and discard remaining marinade. Saute chicken until no longer pink and the juices begin to caramelize, about 5-8 minutes. Remove to a serving platter and set aside to keep warm.
Using the same skillet, add onion and bell pepper and cook briefly until both are crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to the pan and toss to combine. Heat tortillas one at a time in a hot skillet; fill warm tortillas with chicken mixture and top with Zesty Lime Slaw and a dollop of sour cream (optional).
Zesty Lime & Avocado Slaw
Place cabbage, cilantro, Florida tomatoes and avocado in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, zest and sugar; pour mixture over cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes and avocado. Toss to combine and serve on top of fajitas.
The recipe s a winner.
Great flavors!!! The brine makes the chicken moist and gives gret taste. I cook exactly as the recipe states and my family loves it. Worth finding the napa cabbage.
-Luv2cook, on 5/5/13