Chocolate & Smoked Sea Salt Dessert Balls (Fresh Flavors Feb. '14)
- 10 large medjool dates, pits removed and finely chopped to create a sticky paste
- 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c. old–fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 oz. organic dark chocolate 85% cacao, cut into small chunks
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Using hands, work the mixture until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Mixture should hold together and be slightly sticky. Add a few additional chopped dates if your mixture does not hold together. Using a melon baller or your hands, roll into medium sized balls and place on parchment paper. Drizzle each with Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Coconut Ganache (recipe below) and top with a sprinkle of sea salt. Serve immediately or chilled until later use.
Excellent-and Gluten Free!
These were so easy. My kids and husband loved them!
-Baker, on 4/9/14
I made this receipt this week, very easy and delicious
-Sugar, on 2/11/14