Gorgonzola Pear Salad
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Lettuce Salad
- 2 cups Rose Wine
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine shallots and Rose wine in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Let mixture cool completely. Add vinegar, sugar, garlic and mustard. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
In a large bowl, mix baby lettuce, cheese, walnuts and bacon. Add pears and toss with Merlot Shallot Dressing just before serving.