Grilled Lime Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- sprig of fresh cilantro
Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, red pepper, and garlic in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; add bell pepper and onion. Cook 30 seconds; drain. Plunge into ice water; drain well. Set aside.
In a food processor, add beans, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic. Process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until heated.
Remove chicken from bag and grill over medium-hot coals. Cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. To serve, divide bean mixture onto each of 4 plates. Place chicken breast on top of sauce; top each with 2 tablespoons bell pepper mixture or a fresh tomato salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
The black bean sauce makes this dish!
-Lori, on 3/1/15
This recipe was excellent. I only marinated the chicken for 3 hours and it turned out flavorful. The beans really added to the dish. I served corn as a side.
Will make again.
-Kim, on 2/24/15