Hatch Chile Chicken Fajitas (August Fresh Flavors '12)
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 cup Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath
- 1 1/2 cups Negro Modelo Beer, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 2 medium Hatch Chile Peppers, roasted, seeded and sliced
- 4 La Tortilla Factory Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
In a large glass dish, whisk together Fajita Bath and 1 cup of Modelo beer. Place chicken into the marinade for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. Heat skillet over medium high for 2 minutes; add 1 ½ tablespoons of vegetable oil and swirl to coat. Remove chicken from marinade and place in skillet. Sauté chicken until done and juices run clear, about 5-6 minutes. Place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
Add ½ tablespoon of oil and onions; sauté onions until translucent. Add roasted Hatch Chile peppers and heat through, about 3 minutes. Add remaining half cup of beer and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until all liquid has evaporated. Serve chicken in the tortillas, topped with the onion and pepper mixture. Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro if desired.