Hawaiian Teriyaki Burgers
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Anything Goes Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for brushing the grill rack
- 6 seeded hamburger buns, split
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Prepare a medium-hot fi re in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the patties, combine the sirloin, pork, onion, bacon, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, pepper, spice rub, mustard, and teriyaki sauce in a large bowl. Handling meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and form patties, slightly larger than bun size.
When grill is ready, brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on rack, cover, and cook, turning once, until done (165F), about 7 minutes on each side. Grill pineapple rings after turning burgers, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. During the last few minutes of cooking, place buns, cut side down, on outer edges of rack to toast lightly.
To assemble burgers, on each roll bottom, place a burger and a grilled pineapple ring. Brush bun tops with teriyaki sauce, sprinkle with ½ tbsp of cilantro and serve.
These burgers are great! So flavorful and juicy. The whole family enjoyed - even the picky kids :)
-BigE, on 7/14/14
Love these burgers!
What great flavor combinations! We make a double batch and they all go at summer cookouts. We love them wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of rolls. Gives them a great crunch!
-Ozmom, on 5/8/14
Love this recipe!
I may never eat another "regular" burger again. Substituted ground turkey for the beef. Even my picky child liked them, I'll definitely be making these again!
-Best burger ever!, on 3/8/13