Lemon Chicken in a Garlic & Herb Butter Sauce (Fresh Flavors Jan '09)
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 (13 ounce) jar Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) log goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic and Herb Finishing Butter
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 4 cups Osem Israeli Couscous, prepared according to package directions
Heat a skillet over medium high heat for two minutes. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to skillet and swirl to coat; add chicken thighs and sear for two minutes on each side to create a light crust. Remove pan from heat and add wine and lemon juice; lower heat to medium low.
Return pan to heat and begin scraping up browned bits as the chicken finishes cooking through, approximately three minutes. Place chicken on a serving platter. Whisk finishing butter into pan juices to make sauce. Pour sauce over resting chicken and garnish with lemon zest and optional parsley.
Cook Osem Israeli Couscous according to package instructions and serve chicken over couscous.
Try this easy appetizer: Gently warm one 13 oz. jar of Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam in a small saucepan, pour it over an 8 oz. log of goat cheese, sprinkle 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper over the top and serve with crackers.