Mache and Goat Cheese Salad
- 6 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 (5 ounce) package arugula
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (3 ounce) package Mache
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
In a medium frying pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crispy. Remove bacon and drippings, crumbling the bacon and reserving the drippings; set aside. Add cider vinegar to pan and cook for about 2 minutes until reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in herbs, remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking rapidly. After oil is incorporated, whisk in crumbled bacon and bacon drippings.
In a large bowl, mix salad greens, dried cherries, cashews and shallot. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over salad. Serve Bacon Herb Dresing warm over salad.