Nicoise Style Tuna Salad (Apr '11 Fresh Flavors)
- 1 jar Tonnino Tuna Fillets in Olive Oil, drained and oil reserved
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 jar roasted red pepper strips, drained
- 1 jar Kalamata olive, drained and pitted
- 3 oz. feta cheese, sliced or crumbled
- fresh oregano, for garnish
Whisk together lemon juice, zest and reserved oil from tuna and set aside. Mix together red peppers, olives and cheese in a bowl; add tuna fillets and drizzle dressing over top, mixing gently. Garnish with oregano.
Love the Niçoise salad , many years ago I worked at a hotel in S.J. CA. As a server & we would make this salad. Was a big seller.
-Smitty, on 6/18/13