Peri Peri Grilled Chicken Pitas (Fresh Flavors Aug '14)
- 1 1/2 lbs TFM ground chicken
- 1/2 c yellow bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 c red onion, minced
- 1/3 +1/2 c Nando’s Medium Peri Peri Sauce
- 3 tbsp GOOD Hemp Seed Oil
- 1/3 c Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 c So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk , found on the Asian foods aisle
- 6 Med pita bread
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, bell pepper, red onion, and 1/3 c Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce. Using your hands form in to 6 large or 8 smaller patties. Heat a skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes, add Good Hemp Seed Oil and swirl to coat the pan. Cook patties for 5-7 minutes per side until juices run clear and temperature reads 165°. Remove to a platter.
Take pan away from the heat and add wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow wine to reduce slightly then add ½ c Nando’s Peri Peri sauce and So Delicious coconut milk. Stir to combine and warm through. Place 1-2 patties (depending on size) in pita bread, drizzle with warm sauce and top with Carrot, Radish, and Cabbage Salad with Creamy Coconut Dressing and garnish with fresh cilantro. Place any remaining sauce in a bowl for dipping.