Red Wine Risotto with Roasted Pumpkin
- 2 1/2 c. pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 c. shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. brown Arborio rice
- 1/2 c. red wine
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°. Brush pumpkin cubes lightly with 1 tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Sauté in large sauté pan over medium heat until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine 2 tbsp. oil and shallots in sauté pan and cook about 1 minute over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic, cook an additional 3 minutes. Add rice and cook for 1 minute. Add red wine and cook until liquid has absorbed. Slowly add vegetable broth to rice mixture, 1/2 c. at a time, stirring constantly and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more broth, about 25 to 30 minutes. During last 15 minutes, mash 1/2 of the pumpkin cubes and stir into rice after the last broth addition. Add remaining cubed pumpkin, cheese, basil and oregano; stir to combine.