Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 large beets, peeled and quartered
- 2 gold potatoes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut diagonally
- 2 large parsnips, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 whole rutabaga, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. green onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°. In small mixing bowl, combine oil, maple syrup and garlic.
Place all vegetables on a heavy large-rimmed baking sheet. Pour oil mixture over vegetables and toss to coat. Spread vegetables out into a single layer and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 1 ½ hours; stirring occasionally. Transfer vegetables to platter and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
5 STARS!!!!! Even the boys loved it... More addicting than candy, and oh so healthy. Thanks for sharing!
-Kate, on 7/12/14