Shrimp and Pear Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- 1 pound 16 - 20 ct Wild American shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail off
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Lime European Soda
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Cranberry Chutney
- 2 pears, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Dill Seafood Rub
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill with cover, or preheat gas grill to medium-high. When grill is ready, brush grill rack with oil.
To Prepare Shrimp:
Combine shrimp, olive oil, and spice rub in a large bowl and toss. Place shrimp on grill rack, cover & cook about 3 - 4 min on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
To Prepare Salad:
In a small saucepan, combine soda, chutney, shallots, mustard and oil; whisk together. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Place greens in a large bowl. Top with pears, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and shrimp. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad just before serving.