Shrimp Veracruz (Feb Fresh Flavors '12)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olive, (from TFM Olive Bar)
- 1 tablespoon Capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package Tomato Bisque
In a deep sauté pan or 3-quart saucepot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño and sauté for one minute. Add olives, capers, and oregano; sauté for an additional minute. Lower heat to medium low and add wine; allow to reduce for 1 minute, then add shrimp and Tomato Bisque. Simmer slightly until heated through and shrimp turn pink. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top just before serving.
Tip: Delicious served over rice or couscous!
This is a terrific recipe especially for entertaining. It's easy to prepare, makes a great presentation and tastes delicious!
-JoAnn, on 2/20/15
This recipe is great for company, Shrimp gets cold fast when served alone. This dish stays hot and is very, very good - especially for company or a romantic dinner.
-Southern Mama, on 6/22/13