Summer Herbed Orzo Salad (Fresh Flavors July '12)
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Select Whole Wheat Orzo, cooked according to instructions
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Falksalt Crystal Flakes with Rosemary, optional (for garnish)
- cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, toss together warm orzo, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. In a small mixing bowl whisk together lemon juice, zest of one lemon, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Pour dressing over orzo and combine thoroughly. Pour onto a serving platter and garnish with cheese and a pinch of Falksalt Crystals.
Favorite deli item at Fresh Market
Love this dish! So tasty and good for you!
-floribamagirl, on 6/3/13