Summer Panzanella Salad (Fresh Flavors June '14)
- 1 tbsp TFM Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 artisan baguette torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 small red onion cut in half, then finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint roughly chopped
- 3/4 c Terrapin Ridge Farm Garlic and Herb Vinaigrette
- 4 grinds TFM Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Grinder, to taste
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until the skins begin to wrinkle. In a large serving bowl, add tomatoes and remaining ingredients and toss until all ingredients are coated in dressing. Season to taste and serve immediately. To make in advance, combine all ingredients except the bread. Add bread and toss before serving.
*Day old bread works best as it holds up to the liquid released by all the vegetables
This recipe pairs perfectly with a glass of La Joya Reserve Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, or Carmenere.
Great and Refreshing
I made this salad for a luncheon and my friends loved it. Very light and refreshing .
-LinWalk, on 7/3/14
Seared Salmon with above salad
This was sooo tasty. My husband prepared the dinner and I am still savoring the wonderful flavors! This would be a company treat!
-Norma, on 6/27/14