TFM Fabulous Fruit & Nut Bread
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Omega cranberries
- 1/2 cup Super Sweet Apricots, diced
- 2/3 cup natural cut date pieces
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup 100% Fresh Pressed Apple Juice
- 3 tablespoons Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Orange Peel
- 1 large Organic Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Spice Rub
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (flour through ground cinnamon) in a large mixing bowl. Stir in cranberries, apricots, dates and pecans. In a separate bowl, combine juice, oil, orange peel and egg. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5 inch lightly greased loaf pan. Sprinkle top with TFM Sweet Spice Rub (optional). Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Excellent Fruit & Nut Bread
I tried 6 different Fruit & Nut Breads; all were really good. The two that I found to be among the very best that I have ever had are the Pineapple & Coconut Bread and the Banana Nut Bread.
-Dalton, on 8/11/13
Fruity whole grain goodness
I used whole wheat pastry flour in place of the A/P - dense, but not heavy and fabulous sweetness from fruit. Felt deliciously healthy eatiing this for breakfast.
-pchef, on 7/31/13