Thai Curry Three Ways (Fresh Flavors Jan '12)
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 c. chardonnay
- 1 jar curry sauce, of your choice
- 1 c. green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can cut baby corn, drained
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 pkg. jasmine rice, cook according to package instructions
Heat oil in a skillet over high heat until very hot; add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, turning until browned on all sides, approximately 2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer meat and zucchini to a plate and keep warm. Remove pan from heat and add wine, scraping up any browned bits from the pan.
Turn heat down to medium low and add sauce to the pan. Add bell pepper and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next add corn and bamboo shoots and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken and zucchini and bring to a short boil (no more than 2 minutes). Delicious served over jasmine rice.
This was our favorite
My husband and I eat out at our favorite Thai restaurant frequently and believe me when I say, this dish was better than our favorite restaurant and a faction of the cost. Definitely don't skimp on getting the FM "Curry Love Curry Sauce" we go the red. For a slightly different taste we also added peanut sauce, also purchased at TFM with the curry sauce and it was fabulous! I had enough for lunch for the next two days!
-Mercedes, on 3/10/14