Tropical Grilled Shrimp with Curried Yogurt Sauce (Fresh Flavors Jul '11)
- 1 jar Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce
- 1 cup Plain 0% Greek Strained Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, plus the zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 pound Wild American Shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
Measure and set aside approximately 2 tbsp of Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce to be used in Curried Yogurt Sauce. In a plastic zip closure bag, combine remaining sauce, wine, olive oil, garlic and cilantro and squeeze the bag to combine well. Add shrimp and marinate for 5 minutes. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Remove shrimp and discard marinade. Grill shrimp on skewers for 3-5 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and firm. Serve with curried yogurt sauce for dipping.
Curried Yogurt SauceCombine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and chill. This sauce can be made 1 day in advance. Serve as a dipping sauce with Tropical Grilled Shrimp.