GREENSBORO, NC – October 26, 2020 – In a survey conducted among The Fresh Market’s guests, more than half (53%) indicated they will do more cooking this holiday season than last year and host smaller gatherings. Seventy percent said they plan to host between two and eight people.
“The Fresh Market has become a go-to destination for restaurant quality meals, particularly during this unprecedented time,” said Dan Portnoy, Chief Merchandising Officer at The Fresh Market. “We are thrilled to be able to offer our guests a range of ready-to-heat holiday meals and party platters to make their celebrations extraordinary and fit gatherings of all socially distanced sizes.”
Holiday Meal Offerings
Over the past six months, the specialty grocer has elevated their restaurant quality meals and that is no exception this holiday season. For the main event, The Fresh Market offers five different options of complete, ready-to-heat holiday meals that range in size to accommodate gatherings of all sizes. The turkey comes fully cooked and is an exclusive recipe to The Fresh Market to ensure it is tender, moist, and flavorful. New this year is the Ultimate Holiday Meal and the Essential Ham Meal.
Here is what is included with each offering:
• Ultimate Holiday Meal, serves 12-14 guests ($159.99, approximately $11.43 per person): Includes a 10-12lb fully-cooked Turkey, 3.5lbs Boneless Sliced Ham, 4lbs Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 3lbs Traditional Herb Stuffing, 30oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2lbs Corn Souffle, 2lbs Green Bean Medley, 16oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, 24 Golden Dinner Rolls and a Colonial Apple Pie.
• Traditional Holiday Meal, Serves 8-10 guests ($79.99, approximately $8.00 per person): Includes a 10-12lb fully-cooked Turkey, 30oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 3lbs Traditional Herb Stuffing, 3lbs Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 16oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
• Essential Holiday Meal, Serves 3–5 guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person): Includes a 2.5lb fully-cooked Turkey Breast, 30oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2lbs Traditional Herb Stuffing, 2lbs Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 1lb Green Bean Medley, and 8oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
• Holiday Ham Meal, Serves 8-10 guests ($89.99, approximately $9.00 per person): Includes a 9lb Spiral Sliced Honey Ham, 2.5lbs White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 2.5lbs Green Bean Medley, 2.5lbs Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 16oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
• Essential Ham Meal, Serves 3–5 guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person): Includes a 3.5lb Boneless Sliced Ham, 1.5lbs White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 1.5lbs Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 1.5lbs Green Bean Medley, and 8oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
• In February of this year, The Fresh Market put their double-glazed honey ham to the ultimate taste test with a “Honey Ham Challenge” in one of their Greensboro, NC stores. Guests were able to blind-taste two different ham offerings – one from The Fresh Market and another from one of the most popular holiday ham take-out restaurants to see which one reigns superior in terms of quality, taste and price. See why eight out of ten guests who participated in the challenge preferred The Fresh Market’s honey ham confirming that it cannot be beat in terms of value for the quality in this taste-test video here.
The complete holiday meals can be ordered online beginning October 28th through November 21st at 2PM EST and then picked up in-store or via curbside service on November 23rd through 26th. Guests can also order their meals à la carte in case they prefer a standing rib roast or beef tenderloin to turkey or want to mix and match side dishes.
Exclusive to The Fresh Market: New Twists to Celebrate
In addition to classic holiday entrées, The Fresh Market also has a few unique offerings for those having a smaller gathering or looking to try something new this year:
• Turducken: Handmade in-store and consists of a boneless duck breast stuffed inside a boneless chicken breast stuffed inside a boneless turkey breast. It is also packed with garlic and herb dressing and Andouille sausage throughout for even more flavor. Check out this Turducken with Bourbon and Thyme Gravy recipe for our favorite way to serve it.
• Holiday Turkey Pie: Only available at The Fresh Market, the Holiday Turkey Pie contains all the traditional Thanksgiving foods in one. It combines layers of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberries into a flaky crust for a mouthful of Thanksgiving in every bite.
• Turkey Roulade: The Fresh Market’s savory turkey roulade features a flavorful apple stuffing and is perfect for those who do not want to roast a whole turkey this year.
In addition to the ready-to-heat holiday meals, The Fresh Market also has more than 50 different made-in-store party platters to help simplify small gatherings or make Thanksgiving breakfast a little easier. Guests can choose from a variety of platters including artisan cheese plates, continental breakfast, flavorful salads, fresh shrimp cocktail or oysters and even international fare like the Mediterranean inspired Falafel Pita platter.
Signature items and perennial best-selling platters include fruit and crudité because of their freshness and prep time as well as Roasted Chicken Salad on freshly baked croissants, Take & Bake Brie (available in Apricot Almond, Raspberry Almond and Strawberry Walnut), Roasted Buffalo Chicken Dip in a sourdough boule, fresh fruit tart and gourmet cakes exclusive to The Fresh Market like the Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake.
Guests can order platters online before 2PM to pick up their platters the following day, or order in store.
Cook Like a Chef with Anna Rossi
On Thursday, November 12 at 8 PM, guests can tune into The Fresh Market’s Facebook page where Chef Anna Rossi, a former finalist on MasterChef, will be live to preview the Ultimate Thanksgiving Meal, provide serving tips and answer questions from viewers on how to make the most out of Thanksgiving dinner this year.
For more holiday entertaining essentials, inspiration and recipes, visit www.thefreshmarket.com/thanksgiving or check out The Fresh Market’s Holiday Entertaining Guide.