GREENSBORO, NC – May 22, 2019 – Fresh-focused specialty grocer The Fresh Market is taking dining in with Dad to the next level this Father’s Day with an extraordinary ready-to-cook (or grill) holiday meal offering that serves four, including a main course plus three side dishes and dessert:
- Pick your entrée: Select either four, 10 oz. premium choice NY strip steaks or four, 7 oz. Atlantic salmon fillets, or mix and match with two of each
- Four veggie kabobs: Stacked with perfectly-sliced portobello mushrooms, red peppers, onions, zucchini and squash
- One pound of broccoli cranberry slaw with almonds: Made fresh in our stores with shredded broccoli, dried cranberries, sliced almonds and poppyseed dressing
- Four twice-baked potatoes: Fluffy potatoes baked twice for just the right amount of crispiness and then topped with cheese
- Four double fudge brownies: Rich, fudge brownies drizzled with chocolate
The complete meal is $49.99- $59.99 (over a 25% savings compared to purchasing individually), depending on entrée selection. Guests can order the Father’s Day meal in-store or online starting May 22nd through June 12th at 2 PM EST. Meals can then be picked up between June 14th and 16th.
“When you have steaks that are tender, juicy and simply put, a cut above what you’ll find anywhere else in addition to fresh salmon fillets, then you can’t beat surf and turf for a Father’s Day meal that he’ll never forget,” said Rich Durante, Chief Merchandising Officer at The Fresh Market.
Round out Dad’s feast with a fruit-forward red blend from Collusion, a renowned father and son winemaking duo from Napa.
“Steak” it to the Limit
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and if you’re looking to really fill up Dad’s plate, The Fresh Market’s enormous Tomahawk Ribeye steaks that weigh in at about three pounds will certainly catch his eye. These axe-shaped steaks are tender, juicy and come with the bone-in for maximum flavor.
Here are a few tips and tricks when it comes to grilling Tomahawk steaks:
- Keep seasoning simple - Skip the marinade and just season steaks generously with freshly ground pepper and a high-quality coarse salt.
- Let it sit - Let it stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before cooking. This helps it cook more evenly.
- Keep it hot - For the best browning, use a very hot skillet or grill. Avoid continuously turning the steak so a crust can form. This will also allow the steak to be flipped without sticking, as the crust will create a barrier between the meat and the cooking surface.
- Time and temp are key - Allow 3-4 minutes per side for every inch of thickness, or until the internal temperature reaches 135° if you prefer medium rare.
- Take a break. Always allow steak to rest for a few minutes before serving so the juices (which have been moving around due to the heat) can redistribute themselves throughout the meat.
For more Father’s Day essentials, inspiration and recipes, visit www.thefreshmarket.com/fathersday.