The Fresh Market Launches Meals On A Mission Fundraiser
WHAT/WHO: As a national mission partner of Feeding America®, fresh-focused specialty grocer The Fresh Market is launching “Meals on a Mission”, a monthlong fundraising campaign in all 161 of The Fresh Market locations. Every dollar donated helps provide at least 10 meals* to people in need.
WHEN: The Fresh Market’s Meals on a Mission fundraiser will take place during the month of May through three components:
- Meals on a Mission Fund Drive: From May 1st to 31st, guests will have the chance to round up their total at the register to the nearest dollar, or to donate another dollar amount. All proceeds from the fund drive will go to Feeding America.
- Meals on a Mission Cupcakes for Mom: On Saturday, May 11th from 12:00 to 4:00 pm —just in time for Mother’s Day— guests can purchase and decorate a $3.00 gourmet cupcake for mom. A dollar from each gourmet cupcake purchase will go to Feeding America.
- Meals on a Mission Food Fair: On Saturday, May 18th and Sunday, May 19th from 12:00 to 4:00 pm, The Fresh Market stores will host a Food Fair with all proceeds going to Feeding America. The Food Fair menu includes:
- Klement’s Hotdog: $2.00
- Giant Gourmet Cookie: $1.00
- Watermelon Pie Slice Pack: $3.00
- Uglies Chips: $1.00
- Hubert’s Lemonade: $2.00
- The Fresh Market Water: $1.00
- Sunshine Energy Drink: $2.00
WHERE: All 161 of The Fresh Market stores are participating in the Meals on a Mission fundraiser. For local store information, please visit thefreshmarket.com/your-market/store-locator.
MORE INFO: For more information, please contact Nicole Chabot at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-389-5769.
WHY: According to Feeding America, one in eight Americans struggle with hunger, which equates to 40 million people in the United States and includes more than 12 million children. The Fresh Market not only makes ongoing weekly food donations to local Feeding America food banks and food agencies, but as a mission partner, is also committed to raising funds for Feeding America to fight food insecurity and to help raise hunger awareness. Ninety-percent of the total funds donated to Feeding America from The Fresh Market’s Meals on Mission fundraiser will be distributed locally where The Fresh Market operates, so the monies directly benefit people in each store’s community.
*$1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks.
About Feeding America
Feeding America® is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States. Through a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs, we provide meals to more than 46 million people each year. Feeding America also supports programs that prevent food waste and improve food security among the people we serve; educates the public about the problem of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry. Individuals, charities, businesses and government all have a role in ending hunger. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Educate. Together we can solve hunger. Visit www.feedingamerica.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.