GREENSBORO, NC, Jan. 9, 2019 - On the first Sunday in February, millions of viewers will gear up for a night of football, and food – lots of it! After Thanksgiving, the Sunday of the big game is the second largest food consumption day in America. To elevate your spread, The Fresh Market put together this ultimate food playbook broken down from quarter to quarter, so you can be the MVH (Most Valuable Hostess) of the game.
First Quarter: The Kickoff
Set the stage for your guests by putting out a spread of chips, dips and light appetizers. Here are some fan favorites at The Fresh Market:
- Cover the basics with The Fresh Market Tortilla Chips, Guacamole and Nom Nom Salsa.
- Delectable dips from the deli like spinach artichoke or spicy southwest cheese dip, served in a sourdough boule.
- Colorful crudité platter complete with an assortment of veggies and hummus or blue cheese dip.
- A ready to put on the field cheese and charcuterie board, like The Fresh Market’s Party Nibbler Platter that contains two types of cubed cheese with Genoa and Hard Salami.
Second Quarter: Get into Wing Formation
It’s time to break out one of football fans most favorite foods, chicken wings. In past years, The National Chicken Council has predicted Americans to eat upwards of 1 billion chicken wings for the big game. Take your chicken wings to the next level with these offerings from The Fresh Market:
- The Fresh Market’s 50- and 75-count wing platters are essential for feeding a crowd and are available in a variety of flavors including Buffalo, Teriyaki, Honey BBQ, Spicy Korean, Garlic Parmesan and Natural.
- Looking for a side to pair with your wings? Try whipping up a plate of Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites or Loaded Potato Skins.
- Chili is also a great food for game day because it’s filling, and you can whip a large batch for the party. The Fresh Market has a variety of chili recipes from Turkey and White Bean Chili to Traditional Quick Chili that you can cook in 35 minutes or less.
Halftime: Huddle up for the Main Event
Don’t miss a second of the halftime show with this no-fail tackle spread:
- In the center of the table, put out The Fresh Market’s new, fresh lasagnas available in sausage and Mexican flavors.
- Flank the lasagna with The Fresh Market’s ready-to-heat Pulled Pork with Honey BBQ Sauce and Pot Roast and Caramelized Onion Slider trays.
2nd Half: Extra Points
Chances are your guests will want a little something sweet to pick at during the second half, so having coffee and dessert available is always a smart play. Make it easy on yourself with some of The Fresh Market’s dessert favorites:
- The Fresh Market’s Pure Indulgence Dessert Bar Platter contains a variety of assorted bars including Double Fudge Brownies, Blondies, Pecan Brownies and S’mores Brownies so there’s sure to be a flavor to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
- For a touch of decadence, serve The Fresh Market’s new Brioche Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce.
- The Fresh Market’s coffee selection is unmatched when it comes to variety with an array of custom roasts and seasonal flavors such as Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and Irish Crème Brulee.
The Fresh Market’s party platters can be pre-ordered online here, and picked up at your local store. For more inspiration on how to be the Most Valuable Hostess visit https://www.thefreshmarket.com/inspiration/recipe-and-ideas.