CHARLOTTE, NC, Oct. 4, 2018 - The Fresh Market has been surprising and delighting Charlotteans with signature and fresh products since 1991. After 27 years of serving guests at the Strawberry Hill location on Providence Rd., the specialty grocer is re-opening their original Charlotte store in a new, larger location that is just a stone’s throw away at 4207 Providence Rd, Charlotte 28211.
The new store officially opened today at 8:00 AM with a grand re-opening ceremony led by Larry Appel, Chief Executive Officer for The Fresh Market, who broke a giant 12-foot French baguette to commemorate the occasion. The first 500 guests received reusable shopping bags. Once inside, all guests were treated to a plethora of free samples, live entertainment and the ‘cracking’ of a 95-pound wheel of two-year aged Parmigiano-Reggiano®.
“We want our Charlotte guests to feel inspired to eat extraordinary food every day from the moment they walk in the store and as they make their way through every department,” said Todd Nettnin, Store manager for The Fresh Market. “With an enhanced selection of top-notch, curated products and the new modern look and feel in the store, we think our guests will be wowed with all the bells and whistles this store has to offer.”
The new 21,000+ square foot location boasts several exciting features including an easier shopping flow for guests and an additional 5,000+ square feet of retail space to house an even larger assortment of unique, innovative and best-in-class products. Additionally, a new meals-made-easy section features a variety of chef-inspired entrées, sides and complete meals that are ready to cook or heat and enjoy.
Guests will also continue to see some of the departments and offerings they have come to know and love at The Fresh Market such as:
- Signature grocery and premium private label products, many of which are exclusive to The Fresh Market
- Three-times the variety of fresh produce compared to traditional grocery stores, along with a new fresh cut fruits and vegetables island
- Prime-graded meats, fresh-caught seafood, imported and domestic cheeses and charcuterie
- Fresh baked items from the bakery and patisserie-quality desserts
- Coffee station with free 4-ounce samples
- Candy and nuts, beer, wine and floral sections to round out everything needed for easy entertaining
- A meal solutions section that includes customizable bistro meals from the deli, Market Meal Kits (filled with premium, pre-measured, prepped ingredients), tasty four-serving Little Big Meals, gourmet lunches to-go, pre-cut vegetables and more.
- Indoor and outdoor seating areas
The Fresh Market has three other locations in Charlotte located at 10828 Providence Rd., 1408 East Blvd. and 7625 Pineville/Matthews Rd. All locations are open Sunday to Monday from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM.