GREENSBORO, NC – December 1, 2020 – With fewer people traveling or holding large gatherings, The Fresh Market saw unprecedented sales of their prepared meals for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The specialty grocery store doubled the number of fully prepared meals sold compared to last year, with the Essential Holiday Meal (serving 3 – 5 guests) and the Traditional Holiday Meal (serving 8 – 10 guests) being the most popular and completely selling out.
“We expect our holiday ham dinners will be in high demand for our guests’ Christmas celebrations, and that is why we added an Essential Ham Meal to our prepared dinner offerings, to accommodate for smaller gatherings,” said Dan Portnoy, Chief Merchandising Officer. “We are also offering a new Italian Feast to help make feeding the family who may be home for the holidays easier, as well as a wide range of platters to make entertaining at home easier.”
Here is what is included with each meal:
• Essential Ham Meal, Serves 3–5 guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person): Includes a 3.5lb Boneless Sliced Ham, 1.5lbs White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 1.5lbs Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 1.5lbs Green Bean Medley, and 8oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
• Essential Holiday Meal, Serves 3–5 guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person): Includes a 2.5lb fully-cooked Turkey Breast, 30oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2lbs Traditional Herb Stuffing, 2lbs Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 1lb Green Bean Medley, and 8oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
• Holiday Ham Meal, Serves 8-10 guests ($89.99, approximately $9.00 per person): Includes a 9lb Spiral Sliced Honey Ham, 2.5lbs White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 2.5lbs Green Bean Medley, 2.5lbs Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 16oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
• Traditional Holiday Meal, Serves 8-10 guests ($79.99, approximately $8.00 per person): Includes a 10-12lb fully-cooked Turkey, 30oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 3lbs Traditional Herb Stuffing, 3lbs Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 16oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
• Ultimate Holiday Meal, serves 12-14 guests ($159.99, approximately $11.43 per person): Includes a 10-12lb fully-cooked Turkey, 3.5lbs Boneless Sliced Ham, 4lbs Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 3lbs Traditional Herb Stuffing, 30oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2lbs Corn Souffle, 2lbs Green Bean Medley, 16oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, 24 Golden Dinner Rolls and a Colonial Apple Pie.
The complete holiday meals can be ordered online at www.thefreshmarket.com through December 19th at 2PM EST and then picked up in-store on December 21st through 24th. Guests can also order their meals à la carte in case they prefer a standing rib roast or beef tenderloin or want to mix and match side dishes.
In addition to the ready-to-heat holiday meals, The Fresh Market also has more than 50 different made-in-store platters to help simplify small gatherings or make Thanksgiving breakfast a little easier. Guests can choose from a variety of platters including artisan cheese plates, continental breakfast, flavorful salads, fresh shrimp cocktail or oysters and even international fare like the Mediterranean inspired Falafel Pita platter.
Guests can order platters online before 2PM to pick up their platters the following day, or order in store.
The specialty grocer is also offerings two new meals this month that can help make those dinners before and after the holidays a little easier. The Italian Feast is $49.99 and is available to order online now through December 9th. The meal serves four to six and comes with a fruit and nut tray, turkey or beef meatballs, artisan pasta, gourmet focaccia bread, a caprese platter and a tiramisu bar cake for dessert.
Next, the Holiday Entertaining meal is $59.99 and available for order online from December 15th to the 27th. The meal also serves four to six and comes with one of The Fresh Market’s best-selling Take and Bake Brie, a pepperoni or caprese pinwheel platter, a vegetable tray, a jumbo shrimp cocktail platter and a pastry platter.
Round Up at the Register
Through December 29th, The Fresh Market is hosting a ‘Round Up at the Register’ fundraiser where guests will have the opportunity to round up their total to the nearest dollar to benefit their national charitable partner, Feeding America. The Fresh Market will also match contributions up to $125,000. Every dollar raised helps provide at least 10 meals and 100% of the funds collected will go directly to Feeding America. Additionally, 90% of the funds collected will be redistributed back to the stores’ Feeding America local food bank partners.
For more holiday entertaining essentials, inspiration and recipes, visit www.thefreshmarket.com/holiday or check out The Fresh Market’s December brochure.