GREENSBORO, NC, Dec. 12, 2018 – January not only marks the start of a New Year, but it’s also National Soup Month. Whether you are seeking comfort food to warm you up on a cold winter day or are looking for lighter meals as part of your resolution to eat healthier, The Fresh Market has just the soup to satisfy your craving. Alongside guest favorites like Butternut Squash & Apple, Chicken Noodle, Organic Chicken Tortilla and New England Clam Chowder, The Fresh Market has curated three new ready-to-heat soups in addition to premiering some soups that are now vegetarian and organic:
- Lemon Chicken Orzo- The Fresh Market’s original recipe based off Greek Avgolemono Soup, complete with white meat chicken, orzo and spinach in a light, lemony vegetable stock.
- Lobster Bisque- made with lobster stock, lobster meat and potatoes in a creamy bisque spiked with sherry wine and French brandy.
- Tomato Bisque (also vegetarian)- a classic tomato favorite that is the perfect accompaniment with a wedge of crusty bread or grilled cheese sandwich.
- Tomato Basil- based off a family recipe from The Fresh Market’s founder Ray Berry, this soup is a delicious medley of tomatoes, onions, carrots, spices and sherry wine all simmered in a rich broth.
- Red Pepper & Smoked Gouda- Roasted red peppers and smoky gouda, a Dutch cheese with butterscotch and nutty undertones, add an overall richness to this soup while maintaining a delicate texture. This soup is vegetarian and gluten free!
- Broccoli & Cheddar- a guest favorite that’s now vegetarian and made with a creamy, vegetable base.
- Lentil & Chickpea- a hearty, vegan and gluten free soup featuring lentils, chickpeas and tomatoes simmered in an herbed stock with select vegetables.
“If you’re looking for a smooth and creamy bisque, a hearty chowder or a rich veggie-based soup, there is no better way to celebrate soup month than at The Fresh Market,” said Diane Cleven, Director of Merchandising for The Fresh Market’s Deli. “For example, our New England Clam Chowder is only made with fresh clams- if the weather gets bad in New England and the boats cannot go out, we will not have clam chowder that week- it’s that simple.”
Want a souped-up soup? Turn any soup into a fulfilling and delicious meal with some of The Fresh Market’s soup tips, inspirations and recipes:
- Pick up a Boule bread from The Fresh Market bakery, cut off the top, hollow out the center, and serve your warmed soup in the bread bowl. Use the pieces of bread to dip into the soup.
- Finish your soup with a high-quality extra-virgin olive oil and grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top.
- Pick up a panini or sandwich at the deli counter to pair with a lighter soup like the tomato bisque or tomato basil.
- Soup and salad are a perfect light meal. While you are taste-testing the new soups, check out the new deli case salads including Roasted Sweet Potato Salad, Greek Salad or Apple Slaw.
- If whipping up your own soup is more your style, check out a few of The Fresh Market’s soup recipes including Italian Turkey & Spinach Meatball, New England Style Cod Chowder or Asparagus Soup with Mascarpone.
For more ways to get the most out of National Soup Month, check out www.thefreshmarket.com/soup.