Hello, Summer: The Fresh Market Heats Up For A Sizzling Season Download PDF
GREENSBORO, NC – May 28, 2021 – Whether you are firing up the grill for a cookout, packing the cooler to hit the beach or simply looking for a sweet treat to beat the heat with, specialty grocer The Fresh Market is helping guests make the most of this beloved season. While the first day of summer isn’t until June 20th, new flavors, nostalgic favorites, ready-to-cook meals and more are already hitting stores so guests can savor the tastes of summer all season long.
“As a sense of normalcy begins to return, we wanted to ensure we had everything our guests need to enjoy the season from holiday meals to new and innovative seasonal items and grilling essentials. There’s something for our guests to discover in every department this summer,” said Dan Portnoy, Chief Merchandising Officer for The Fresh Market.
Memorable Meals for Summer With many guests looking for ways to dine al fresco this summer, and The Fresh Market is offering a new, Ultimate Summer Picnic this year for an easy way to enjoy the season with a premium picnic. It is perfect for the park, the boat, the beach or even your backyard. The Ultimate Summer Picnic is $49.99 serves four and includes a Petite Bistro Sandwich Tray, a Charcuterie Tray, The Fresh Market Fig and Olive Crisps, a Mixed Melon Cup, The Fresh Market Sparkling Mineral Water, and a Dessert Bar Sampler Box.
The Ultimate Summer Picnic will be available all summer long and can be ordered online for pick up the next day.
The Fresh Market is also making it easy for guests to celebrate summer holidays with premium, all-in-one meals that are ready-to-cook. For Father’s Day, The Fresh Market is offering a Tomahawk Meal for $99.99. It serves four and includes two enormous Premium Choice Tomahawk Steaks, four Veggie Kabobs, a Shrimp Cocktail Tray, one pound of Smokey Mozzarella Pasta Salad and a Chocolate Fudge Pie. Also, new this year is an Ultimate Kabob Meal for $49.99. It serves four and includes a choice of Ultimate Steak Asada Skewers or Ultimate Salmon Skewers (choose four steak, four salmon or mix and match with two of each), four loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes, a Rustic Apple Tart, and a pint of Talenti Tahitian Vanilla Bean Gelato.
The Father’s Day meals can be ordered online through June 15th at 2:00PM EST and then picked up in store June 18th through 20th.
With the 4th of July being the biggest grilling day of the year, The Fresh Market is offering the ultimate backyard barbecue that serves six to eight people and comes with three racks of Baby Back Ribs, two pounds of Mild Italian Sausage, The Fresh Market Sweet BBQ Rib Rub, The Fresh Market Thick & Sweet BBQ Sauce, four Veggie Kabobs, two pounds of Mediterranean Pasta Salad, an Old-Fashioned Apple Pie and Homemade Brand Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Order the 4th of July meal through June 29th at 2pm EST and then it pick up in store from July 1st through 5th.
Elevate the Grill In addition to the convenient holiday meal offerings, The Fresh Market also has traditional favorites (of premium quality) for the grill including:
Gourmet Burgers: The Fresh Market’s Gourmet Burgers are made in store with fresh ground meat and are only sold the same day they are made. Guests can expect to find at least eight varieties every day such as Bacon Cheddar Burger, Bleu Cheese Burger, Portabella Gouda Burger, Three Cheese Burger, Philly Cheesesteak Burger, Garden Fresh Turkey Burger and Spinach & Feta Greek Chicken Burger. Suggested Condiments: New, Truff Sauce and Mayonnaise is a great addition on burgers. Try their original truffle chili blend, jalapeño-rich “hotter” sauce, or gourmet black winter truffle mayonnaise.
Feltman’s Hot Dogs: Founded in 1867, these world-famous hot dogs have long been considered the original Coney Island hot dog. Made with 100% beef, they are all-natural and pack a smoky, savory flavor in every bite. Tasty Toppings: Make it a buffalo dog by adding Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, Blue Cheese crumbles and thinly sliced celery as toppings. Or, add grilled corn, lime zest and juice, cotija cheese, jalapeño slices and cilantro to your dog and top it off by mixing mayo with The Fresh Market’s Elote Mexican Street Corn Spice Mix.
Golden Goodness Boasting a golden color, The Fresh Market’s citrus desserts and baked goods and fruity, peak-season produce are the perfect way to enjoy some of summer’s favorite flavors. Here are a few new and returning seasonal items:
- New Lemon Cake Roll: This delicate vanilla sponge cake is hand-rolled with lemon filling and topped with whipped cream.
- New Summer Bliss Chiffon Cake: Bursting with bright flavor, this summery showstopper features layers of vanilla chiffon cake, pineapple compote, orange curd and lemon mousse finished with lemon frosting and candied pineapple chunks.
- Seasonal Lemon Supreme Cream Pie: Tender, flaky crust is filled with sweet cream cheese ambrosia and covered with a layer of tangy, homemade lemon filling. Real whipped cream adds the perfect finishing touch.
- Seasonal Coconut Pineapple Mini Muffins: Available for a limited time, these tropical, cake-like muffins feature crushed pineapple and coconut flakes. Perfect for breakfast or a sweet afternoon snack.
- Ciruli Brothers Champagne Mangos: Their growers and horticulturists keep hives of bees in their mango trees to serve as pollinators, and the mangos are harvested by hand once they have reached full maturity for the sweetest flavor. Their Champagne Mangos are smaller-than-average mangos, with a golden, easy-to-peel skin, sweet-tart flesh, and slight effervescence. They also contain five times more vitamin C than other varieties.
- Organic Golden Bosc Pears: Beneath the russet skin is a sweet, spiced flesh that is tender and crunchy. These pears are ideal for baking, poaching, and cooking.
- Golden Kiwis: These yellow-hued kiwis have fewer seeds than their green counterparts, along with a unique, tropical taste reminiscent of strawberries and mangos. The best way to enjoy them is to halve them and scoop out their sweet flesh.
More Summer Favorites From specialty ice creams like Modern Pop Avocado Pops and Chipwich Ice Cream Sandwiches to new summer candies like gummi donuts and Lemon Crème Pie or Key Lime Pie Graham Bites and flourishing summer flowers including five varieties of lilies, The Fresh Market is making it easy for guests to soak up the best tastes of summer.
For more seasonal inspiration, tips and recipes visit www.thefreshmarket.com and check out the June edition of TFM: The Magazine here.
About THE FRESH MARKET
Since 1982, The Fresh Market, Inc. has helped guests make everyday eating extraordinary with time-saving meal solutions, unique ingredients and delicious food for any occasion. From fresh produce and exceptional meat and seafood, to signature baked goods and thousands of organic options, this specialty grocery retailer has something to please every palate. The Fresh Market currently operates 159 stores in 22 states across the U.S., inspiring guests to discover new flavors and cook with confidence. For more information, please visit www.thefreshmarket.com or follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.