- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ lb. andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ c. green bell pepper, diced
- 2 ½ c. water
- ½ c. chardonnay
- 2 c. white rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. 21 to 25 ct peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ c. sugar peas, sliced on the bias
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red pepper, sliced
In a deep frying pan or Dutch oven, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add sausage, onion and bell pepper and cook for 4 minutes. Turn heat to high and add water, wine, rice, bouillon cube and salt, stirring to mix well; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter; set aside and keep warm.
Return pan or Dutch oven to stovetop over medium-high heat; season shrimp with garlic salt and cook in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until pink.
Meanwhile, steam sugar peas for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. To serve, place sliced roasted red peppers and cooked peas on rice and top with cooked shrimp.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.