- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ lb. andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ c. green bell pepper, diced
- 2 ½ c. water
- ½ c. chardonnay
- 2 c. white rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. 21 to 25 ct peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ c. sugar peas, sliced on the bias
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red pepper, sliced
In a deep frying pan or Dutch oven, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add sausage, onion and bell pepper and cook for 4 minutes. Turn heat to high and add water, wine, rice, bouillon cube and salt, stirring to mix well; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter; set aside and keep warm.
Return pan or Dutch oven to stovetop over medium-high heat; season shrimp with garlic salt and cook in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until pink.
Meanwhile, steam sugar peas for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. To serve, place sliced roasted red peppers and cooked peas on rice and top with cooked shrimp.