- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 leek diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed and stalks cut into 3 pieces
- 4 springs thyme, leaves removed
- ¼ c. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 c. vegetable stock, plus more to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. mascarpone cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it shimmers. Add onion, leek, celery, and garlic and sauté until soft, 4-5 minutes. Add asparagus and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add thyme, parsley, and stock and cook until asparagus is tender, 8-10 minutes. If you want a thinner consistency to the finished soup, add more stock, to taste. Remove from heat and let cool. Blend the mixture until smooth, then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add mascarpone and blend again. Warm soup, divide it into serving bowls, and sprinkle with Parmesan just before serving.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.