- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and trimmed
- ½ c. raspberry vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- 8 c. baby romaine or butter lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 c. halved or quartered strawberries
- ¾ c. roasted pecan halves
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
For the vinaigrette: Purée the berries, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the blender running, drizzle in the oil.
For the chicken: Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Warm the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the foam subsides, add the chicken to the skillet and cook undisturbed until golden brown on the bottom, 6 to 7 minutes. When ready to turn, the chicken will release easily from the pan with no tugging. Flip and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part should register 165°F. and the juices should show no traces of pink. Transfer the chicken to a plate to rest while preparing the salad, at least 5 minutes.
For the salad: Divide the greens on a platter or among serving plates. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette.
Cut the chicken into thick slices and arrange over the greens.
Scatter the strawberries, pecans, and cheese over the top. Season with pepper. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.