- ½ c Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flakes
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ c whole milk, at room temperature
- ¾ c Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for serving
- 1 (6 oz) container Driscoll’s Blackberries, divided
- ⅓ c Runamok Sugarmaker’s Cut Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar, for serving
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and add coconut in an even layer. Place pan on middle rack of oven and bake 3 minutes. Toss coconut and continue baking until it’s evenly golden brown, about 3 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside.
Increase temperature to 450°F and place a 12-inch iron skillet inside oven while it heats.
In a large bowl, vigorously whisk eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually whisk in milk, then whisk in flour just until no large lumps remain.
Remove hot skillet from oven, add 2 tbsp butter and swirl the pan so it melts and coats sides. Immediately pour batter into skillet and return to oven. Bake until golden brown and puffed up, about 8 minutes.
In a small saucepan, add half the container of blackberries and smush with the back of a spoon or spatula. Add maple syrup and lemon juice and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes to warm everything and allow the mixture to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in remaining berries.
To serve Dutch baby, top with more butter, spoon over blackberry maple syrup, top with toasted coconut and a dusting of powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.