- ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz lacinato kale, tough stems removed, washed well, dried, and cut crosswise into ½-in strips
- ½ c red, green or black seedless grapes (or a mixture of all three)
- 1 Honeycrisp or Opal apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ c roasted almonds or hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ c dried tart cherries
- ½ c Manchego Cheese, shaved into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to emulsify.
Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle 2 tbsp of vinaigrette over top and with your hands or tongs, massage kale for 2-3 minutes to soften. Add more vinaigrette 1 tbsp at a time, if needed (you may not have to use all of the vinaigrette).
Add grapes, apple, nuts and cherries, and toss to combine. Divide salad onto serving plates or bowls and add cheese atop each one. Serve immediately.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.