For the Carrot Cake
- 3 c flour, plus a little more for the pan
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ c nonfat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 c sugar
- 1 ½ c of Cobram Estate® California Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the ‘Buttercream'
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp Cobram Estate California Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease a large 9x13-inch cake tin or two 8-inch rounds with a drizzle of olive oil. Dust with flour, tap out any excess and set aside.
Whisk together the carrots, eggs, buttermilk, sugar and olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until completely combined. Transfer batter to the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. While cake is baking, prepare the buttercream by thoroughly and vigorously whisking the powdered sugar and olive oil together. Unmold cake onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting. (Optional) Garnish with carrot ribbons or cleaned carrot tops.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.