- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ¼ c India Tree Superfine Sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 c plain whole milk yogurt
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 ½ c Comice pears, peeled, cored and cut into small dice (about 2 pears)
- 2 oz Artisan Kettle Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar, chopped into ¼-in chunks
- 1 Comice pear, peeled, cored, halved and cut into thin slices
- ¼ c heavy cream
- 2 oz Artisan Kettle Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and heat to 350°F. Mist a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add yogurt, oil and vanilla, and continue whisking until well combined. Gradually whisk in flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom into sugar and egg mixture until smooth. Fold in diced pears and chocolate, pour into prepared pan and smooth top. Arrange pear slices over batter.
Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove pan collar and cool cake to room temperature before glazing (optional).
Warm cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it bubbles around edge. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in corn syrup and vanilla. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.