- 1 c farro, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 ½ c pitted cherries, chopped
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp good quality sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 (1 ½ lb) Atlantic salmon filet
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 c arugula or baby kale
- ¼ c roasted, salted pistachios, finely chopped
In a medium bowl, stir cherries, shallot, vinegar, 2 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp each salt and pepper together and set aside. This can be made a day ahead, just allow time for it to come to room temperature before serving.
Sprinkle salmon with ½ tsp each salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium high. Place salmon, skin side up, in skillet and cook until deep golden, about 3 minutes. Flip fish and cook until skin is crisp and fish is cooked to desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes. The internal temperature of the salmon should reach 145°F or higher on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer salmon to a platter.
In a large bowl, combine farro, greens, lemon juice, remaining 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and stir to combine. Spoon cherry sauce over salmon and sprinkle with pistachios a Serve with farro salad.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.