- 1 c flour
- ½ c packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into ½-in cubes
- 3 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped
- ⅓ c pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 containers The Fresh Market Sweet Potato Cubes (about 3 lb)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus softened butter for the dish
- 2 tbsp dark maple syrup
In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, salt and pepper together. Add butter and rub with your fingertips and palms until homogenous and crumbly. Add bacon, pecans and rosemary and continue to work it in with your fingertips. (Crumble topping can be covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours. Let chilled crumble stand at room temperature 30 minutes before using.)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook until almost tender when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. (Sweet potatoes can be stored, loosely covered, and kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours, or refrigerated for up to 1 hour.)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a 2-qt baking dish. Toss sweet potatoes, melted butter and syrup together in the dish. With the back of a wooden spoon, press potatoes into the dish (being careful not to mash). Crumble topping over sweet potatoes with most of the pieces the size of peas. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.