This tasty Little Big Meal makes a light but satisfying meal, with pork, chicken or tofu playing a starring role in fresh and flavorful lettuce wraps.
CHOOSE ONE: 1 lb Ground Pork, 1 lb Ground Chicken, or 12 oz House Foods Organic Extra Firm Tofu
CHOOSE ONE: 12 oz The Fresh Market Gluten-Free Sauce
CHOOSE ONE: 12 ct Vegetable Spring Rolls, 16 ct Pork Pot Stickers, or 16 ct Chicken Pot Stickers
CHOOSE ONE: 18 oz Pound Cake
GET ONE: 3 ct pkg Romaine Hearts
GET ONE: Lettuce Wrap Veggie Kit
Our Favorite Way To Serve It Up
In this week’s featured recipe, we’re serving up savory lettuce wraps for a tasty meal for 4 in just 30 minutes. Fresh ground chicken and colorful veggies are sautéed with Sesame Garlic sauce and spooned into crisp romaine leaves with pork or chicken pot stickers on the side. Scroll down for cooking instructions.
Need a vegetarian option for Meatless Monday (or any other day)? Substitute cubed tofu for the chicken, and serve our vegetarian spring rolls on the side. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. The Fresh Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 Lettuce Wrap Kit
- ¾ c. The Fresh Market Sesame Garlic Sauce
- 1 package Romaine Hearts, leaves rinsed and dried
- Peanuts, chopped* (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, about 3-5 minutes. Add chicken to pan and crumble using a spatula. Cook 5-10 minutes until no pink center remains.
In same skillet as chicken, add ¾ cup The Fresh Market Sesame Garlic Sauce and stir to combine.
Roughly cut the vegetables from the Lettuce Wrap Kit into small pieces, reserving half of carrots and scallions for garnish. Add vegetables to pan and sauté, 3-4 minutes until veggies are softened.
To serve, spoon ¼ cup of mixture into each romaine leaf. Garnish with remaining carrots, scallions, extra sauce, and peanuts if desired.
5Pot Sticker Cooking Instructions
- Submerge Pot Stickers in water for 10 seconds.
- Place Pot stickers in microwave safe dish. Microwave for 2-2½ minutes on high.
Pan Fry Instructions:
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Gently add Pot stickers and fry for 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Add 2 tbsp. water to skillet and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until water evaporates.
Use caution when adding water to hot oil as oil will pop.
6Spring Roll Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F. Place Spring Rolls on a cookie sheet and bake 5-6 minutes on one side. Turn Spring Rolls over and bake 5-6 minutes until crispy. For crispier skins, spray Spring Rolls with cooking oil prior to baking.