This tasty Little Big Meal makes a light but satisfying meal, with ground chicken or pork playing a starring role in fresh and flavorful lettuce wraps.
CHOOSE ONE: 1 lb Ground Chicken or Ground Pork
CHOOSE ONE: 14.3-14.8 oz Urban Accents Simmer Sauce (All Varieties)
CHOOSE ONE: 12 ct Vegetable Spring Rolls, 16 ct Pork Pot Stickers, or 16 ct Chicken Pot Stickers
CHOOSE ONE: 9.1 oz My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream (All Varieties)
GET ONE: 3 ct Romaine Hearts
GET ONE: Lettuce Wrap Veggie Kit
Our Favorite Way To Serve It Up
In this week’s featured recipe, we’re serving up savory lettuce wraps for a tasty meal for 4 in just 30 minutes. Fresh ground chicken and colorful veggies are sautéed with Urban Accents Thai Chili Taco Simmer Sauce and spooned into crisp romaine leaves with pork or chicken pot stickers on the side. Scroll down for cooking instructions.
- 1 tbsp The Fresh Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Lettuce Wrap Veggie Kit
- ¾ c. Urban Accents Thai Chili Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg Romaine Hearts, leaves rinsed and dried
- Peanuts, chopped* (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, about 3-5 minutes. Add chicken to pan and crumble using a spatula. Cook 5-10 minutes until no pink center remains.
In same skillet, add sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
Roughly chop the veggies from the Lettuce Wrap Veggie Kit, reserving a handful of carrots and scallions for garnish. Add veggies, garlic and ginger to pan and sauté, 3-4 minutes until veggies are softened.
To serve, spoon mixture into romaine leaves and top with remaining carrots, scallions and extra sauce if desired. For an extra crunch, try topping with chopped peanuts.
5Pot Sticker Cooking Instructions
- Submerge Pot Stickers in water for 10 seconds.
- Place Pot stickers in microwave safe dish. Microwave for 2-2½ minutes on high.
Pan Fry Instructions:
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Gently add Pot stickers and fry for 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Add 2 tbsp. water to skillet and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until water evaporates.
Use caution when adding water to hot oil as oil will pop.
6Spring Roll Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F. Place Spring Rolls on a cookie sheet and bake 5-6 minutes on one side. Turn Spring Rolls over and bake 5-6 minutes until crispy. For crispier skins, spray Spring Rolls with cooking oil prior to baking.