- 4 c red cabbage, finely chopped (about half of one medium head)
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- ½ c bleu cheese, crumbled
- 1 c carrots cut into matchsticks
- ½ c jicama, finely chopped
- ¼ c celery, finely chopped
- ¼ c green onions, thinly sliced
In a large colander, toss the cabbage with ½ tsp salt and let stand for 20 minutes to soften cabbage slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, pepper, sugar and remaining ½ tsp salt. Stir in the bleu cheese.
Toss cabbage well to discard excess salt and any moisture it has released. Add cabbage, carrots, jicama and celery to mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours before serving. Top with green onions just before serving.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.