- 1 large fennel bulb, stalks removed (reserve fronds), halved, cored and cut across the grain into ½-in slices
- 1 (4 oz) pkg Daniele diced pancetta
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 c arugula
- 1 ½ Honeycrisp Apples, cored and very thinly sliced
- ¼ c The Fresh Market roasted, salted almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ c The Fresh Market blue cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place fennel and pancetta on a sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and toss to coat fennel in rendered pancetta fat. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard and honey in a small bowl. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly. Season with pepper to taste. Combine arugula, apples, fennel and pancetta in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Arrange on a large platter, topped with reserved fennel fonds, almonds and blue cheese. Serve immediately with additional vinaigrette on the side.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.