- 2 tsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ c. hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 c. shredded broccoli slaw or cabbage slaw
- 4 oz. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 oz. fresh ginger, finely chopped (about 3 tbsp.)
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced (about ½ c.), divided
- 2 heads Bibb or butter lettuce, divided into leaf cups
- Serve with your choice of: the remaining green onions, more broccoli slaw, red cabbage, hot sauce, sweet chili sauce, diced cucumber, and/or chopped peanuts
Whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside until needed.
Warm the peanut oil in a large skillet. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, crumbling with the spoon, about 5 minutes. Stir the mushrooms, water chestnuts, ginger, and half of the onions. Cook until the vegetables wilt a little, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli slaw and hoisin mixture and cook while stirring until the mixture bubbles and thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
To serve, spoon a little of the beef mixture inside each lettuce cup and top with your choice of condiments.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.