- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground sirloin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Chili Veggie Kit
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar Frontera Black Bean Chili Starter
- 1 c chicken stock or water
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Sour Cream, for serving
Chili Veggie Kit
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 1 Poblano pepper, chopped
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large sauce pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sirloin to pan and season with salt and pepper. Crumble meat using spatula and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
Add Chili Veggie Kit, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add black beans to the pot, along with jar of Frontera Black Bean Chili Starter, water or stock, and sirloin, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes. Taste, and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Ladle chili into bowls and top with cheese, cilantro, and sour cream, if desired.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.