- 4 oz. diced chorizo
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 c.)
- 1 large red bell peppers, seeded and chopped (about 1 c.)
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 c. canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ c. pimento stuffed green olives, sliced plus 2 tbsp. brine
- ½ c. raisins
- Black pepper, to taste
- Serve with rice, avocado, cilantro and lime
Warm the chorizo in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat until it begins to render some fat. Stir in the onions, peppers, and salt; cook until tender, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, crumbling with the spoon, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, cumin, chili powder, cloves, allspice, and bay leaf and cook while stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Stir in the olives, brine, and raisins. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Discard the bay leaves and serve warm.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.