- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced*
- 2 nectarines, diced*
- ¾ c red bell pepper, diced
- ½ c red onion, diced
- ¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 salmon fillets (about 2 lb)
- 2 tbsp The Fresh Market Blackened Spice Rub
*If fresh hatch chiles are not available, canned green chiles can be substituted. If nectarines are not available, peaches or apricots can be substituted.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely. Add chiles, nectarines, bell peppers, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix well.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season salmon with blackening spice rub. Cook skin side up, in 2 batches, for 3-4 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Serve salmon hot or chilled alongside salsa.
*Click here to view our step-by-step guide on how to roast your own hatch chiles.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.