- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced*
- 2 (about 1¼ c) nectarines, diced*
- ¾ c red bell pepper, diced
- ½ c red onion, diced
- ¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 wild salmon fillets (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp The Fresh Market Blackened Spice Rub
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely. Add chiles, nectarines, bell peppers, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon with blackening spice rub. Cook skin side up, in 2 batches, for 3-4 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Serve salmon hot or chilled alongside salsa.
*Notes: If fresh hatch chiles are not available, canned green chiles can be substituted. If nectarines are not available, peaches or apricots can be substituted.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.