- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 ½ c. fresh blueberries, divided (about 8 ounces)
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 8 oz. baby spinach/spring mix blend (about 8 cups)
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- ¾ c. roasted, salted almonds, chopped (about 3 ounces)
Our Favorite Way To Serve It Up
We put these blueberries in a blender to incorporate more blueberry flavor into the salad. We leave the blueberry chunks in the dressing, which makes the dressing a little coarser. But you can strain the blueberry chunks out of the dressing for a more refined salad dressing.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with ¾ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Add chicken to grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 6-7 minutes per side or until well marked and internal temperature is 160 degrees. Remove chicken from grill and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Combine ½ cup blueberries, oil, vinegar, honey, remaining ¼ tsp salt and remaining ¼ tsp pepper in blender or mini-food processor; blend for 1 minute or until blueberries are finely chopped and dressing is thickened.
Place greens in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup blueberries, goat cheese and almonds. Top with sliced chicken.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.