- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 2" wide strips (or 12 tenderloins)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas
- 8 oz. asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut into 2" lengths
- 1 c. fresh or thawed green peas
- 6 small carrots, halved or quartered lengthwise
- 2 spring onion bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ c. crème fraiche or heavy cream
- ½ c. finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. each fresh basil, mint, and tarragon, coarsely chopped
Blot the chicken dry and season generously all over with salt and pepper.
Warm 1 tbsp. of the butter and the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the foaming stops, add the chicken. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip with tongs and continue cooking until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes more. The juices should show no traces of pink. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Wipe out the skillet.
Warm the remaining 1 tbsp. of butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar snaps, asparagus, peas, carrots, and onions. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook until the vegetables are barely tender, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the crème fraiche and Parmesan and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture among serving plates. Sprinkle with the herbs and serve warm.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.