- 3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. oregano, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced, (about 6 cloves)
- 1 bone in leg of lamb (6lbs), trimmed
- 1 tsp. ground pepper, freshly ground
- nonstick spray
Combine first 10 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, stirring well. Place lamb in roasting pan; rub with garlic mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove lamb from fridge and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place lamb on rack of roasting pan coated with nonstick spray and place rack in roasting pan. Let lamb stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Roast lamb for 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (do not remove lamb from oven); roast an additional 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads the internal temperature of 135°F. Let lamb rest 20 minutes.
Slice and serve.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.