- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and freshly squeezed
- 1 orange, zested and freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced, (about 6 cloves)
- 1 bone in leg of lamb (6 lb), trimmed
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- nonstick spray
Combine first 10 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, stirring well. Place lamb in roasting pan; rub with garlic mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove lamb from fridge and remove plastic wrap and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place lamb on rack of roasting pan coated with nonstick spray and place rack in roasting pan. Let lamb stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Roast lamb for 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (do not remove lamb from oven); roast an additional 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads the internal temperature of 135°F. Let lamb rest 20 minutes.
Slice and serve.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.