- 1 c. peppermint puffs, crushed
- 3 c. all
- purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. (2 sticks) The Fresh Market Salted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. The Fresh Market Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 The Fresh Market Dutch Processed Baking Cocoa
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder and set aside. With a hand mixer, blend butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa until fully combined. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and blend until smooth. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
Lightly dust flat surface with flour. Place dough on surface and roll out dough roughly 1/2 inch thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 8 -10 minutes until the edges are firm and the center of the cookie is still soft. Top hot cookies with crushed peppermint and serve.