- 1 (40oz) pkg Stuffing Mushrooms, cleaned with a damp cloth
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Ultimate Lump Crab Cakes
- ½ c + 1 tbsp panko bread crumbs, divided
- ½ c grated parmesan, divided
- 1 large lemon, zested (about 1 tbsp)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F. Carefully remove mushroom stems and discard. Arrange mushrooms on a sheet pan, top side-down. Drizzle with 5 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drain liquid that has accumulated. Reduce oven temp to 375°F. Turn mushrooms over so tops are exposed.
In a large bowl, add crab cakes, ½ c panko, ¼ c parmesan, lemon zest and crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use a spatula to gently to blend mixture together.
Stuff each mushroom with about 1 (packed) tbsp of the crab mixture. In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ c parmesan with remaining 1 tbsp panko. Top each mushroom evenly with parmesan-panko mixture and drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. These can be made a day in advance (just reheat in a 350°F oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through).
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.