- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seed and cut into 1-in chunks
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stem, seeds and membrane removed; chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp tequila (or water)
- 2 dozen fresh oysters, shucked
In a blender, purée cucumber to a fine pulp. Add lime zest, juice, cilantro, jalapeño and salt, and purée to combine. Stir in tequila or water.
Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and place in freezer. After 30 minutes, use a fork to scrape up the frozen parts. Freeze for 30 more minutes and repeat scraping. Do this until mixture is completely frozen and resembles shaved ice (about 2-4 hours, total).
When ready to serve, drag fork across the surface and scoop the ice into a serving dish or atop fresh oysters. Store any remaining granita in freezer (it will keep for several months).
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.