- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seed and cut into 1-in chunks
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stem, seeds and membrane removed; chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp tequila (or water)
- 2 dozen fresh oysters, shucked
In a blender, purée cucumber to a fine pulp. Add lime zest, juice, cilantro, jalapeño and salt, and purée to combine. Stir in tequila or water.
Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and place in freezer. After 30 minutes, use a fork to scrape up the frozen parts. Freeze for 30 more minutes and repeat scraping. Do this until mixture is completely frozen and resembles shaved ice (about 2-4 hours, total).
When ready to serve, drag fork across the surface and scoop the ice into a serving dish or atop fresh oysters. Store any remaining granita in freezer (it will keep for several months).
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.